OUTDOOR POOL REGULATIONS AND POLICIES TO PREVENT THE TRANSMISSION OF COVID-19
COVID-19 is extremely contagious and spreads mainly by contact from person to person. It is therefore important that lifeguards and members work together, in order to reduce the spread of the virus.
The outdoor pool associations and its members commit themselves to comply with the requirements and recommendations of Quebec Public health and other governmental authorities, and to put in place and adopt all necessary measures to that effect. However, the outdoor pool associations and its members cannot guarantee that you (or your child, if participant is a minor/ or the person you are the legal guardian of) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending activities at the pool could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19, despite all preventative measures put in place.
By agreeing with this document, you (or your child, if participant is a minor/ or the person you are the legal guardian of) acknowledge and agree with the following:
1. Exclusion of symptomatic people
- I declare that neither myself (nor my child, if participant is a minor or the person I am the legal guardian of) nor anyone in my household, are currently experiencing any Covid symptoms or are waiting for a COVID test result.
- In the past 14 days neither myself (nor my child, if participant is a minor or the person I am the legal guardian of) or anyone in my household have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- I am not (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the legal guardian of), obligated to quarantine due to travel outside Canada in the past 2 weeks.
- If symptoms associated with COVID-19 develop while at the pool, I must notify the pool supervisor as soon as possible.
2. Handwashing, Masks and respiratory etiquette
- Masks must be worn at all times within the pool area, by patrons 10 years and older, except when in the pool. Masks should be the last item removed before entering the water and the first item put on when exiting the water.
- Patrons must disinfect their hands upon entering the premises and must respect proper respiratory etiquette (covering mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing and using tissues or the crook of your elbow)
I acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and I voluntarily assume the risk that I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the legal guardian of) could be exposed or infected by COVID-19 by attending the outdoor pool. I will comply with the changing Covid regulations as they evolve with Public Heath directives.